Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Once upon a time, Our story begins, Captains log. These are all famous beginnings to great stories we've all read and enjoyed. But, what motivates you to write what you write? Some will say its to get published and make all that money. Others say its to create a following. Others have a story of their life that they know just needs to be shared. I always say "Everyone has a story" that should be told no matter who you are. We're here on this earth and we should all leave a mark. But, what motivates you? What is it that gives you that kick in the pants to finally write that book, blog, article submission? What did you do? How did you get things rolling? Too many people say they want to do it, some day, but never follow through. How can we help others to follow through? I'm interested to hear what you have to say about this topic. So lets hear what it was for you that got things going to achieve that goal that so many want to, but never do. What's your story? 8-) If you don't already, you can follow me on Twitter @gen22y.

2 comments:

  1. I've always loved words, loved writing, loved word games, loved reading. For me, I knew I wanted to write when I was in 3rd grade and won an essay contest. Putting words to paper and finishing with a story was a thrill beyond words.

    Now, to do the same and be able to share it with others is amazing.

    Nice post today Gene :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you know, Gene, I have always written something. Be it a modified play or just my poetry, I like to have that creative outlet. While FB has been one place where I can air my opinions, I would like to do more blogging, but I never know who would really be interested. I've thought about writing my life story (as I've got some good things to share), but who would be interested? Who could it affect? But of course, where do I start? Maybe some day, if I ever get my blog going, someone will turn it into my biography. Altho with all I have been through, they might classify it as "science fiction".

    ReplyDelete