Friday, March 30, 2012

Dogs & Cats are a life long commitment

The unconditional love we receive from our furry family is something I take very seriously. Too many people don't think it through when they decide to take on the responsibility of adding a dog or cat to the family! It's a life long commitment, not just something cute that you can just grow bored with, or frustrated with when there's a bathroom training accident indoors. I hear too many stories about people getting a puppy & giving up on it. I see the end result living in a rural area. People dump dogs & cats on my road all the time. Its very sad. I once found a five week old black lab pup hiding under my truck because the engine was warm. Think it through long & hard before making the "commitment" and be sure to spay or neuter your new family member! .....................If you don't already, you can follow me on Twitter @gen22y

1 comment:

  1. My wife really wants a dog, but I've had to decline numerous times. We're not ready for that type of commitment. I know it's great to have them and it looks like yours are a great support to your life, but we just can't invest like that just yet. Hopefully we'll have backyard and make some extra money soon, but until then I'll hold off.

    Kashif

    ReplyDelete